Welcome to GSEC Ltd.

Member Login

Lost your password?
home  |   faq  |   sitemap
  Skip Navigation LinksGSEC Ltd > CORPORATE CORNER > Investors' FAQs
Demurrage Estimation Device
Applicable Charges Estimation Device
Investors' FAQs


1. What is the procedure of transfer of shares in favour of the transferee?

One should send the share certificates along with the Share Transfer Deed, (available with Stock Exchange/Share Brokers) duly filled in, executed and stamped after franking/ affixing share transfer stamps at the rate of 0.25% of the consideration value. Share Transfer Stamps can be obtained from the nearest General Post Office (GPO) or from the authorised stamp vendors.

Please note that the signature of the transferor/s must match with those recorded with the Company. In case of any change in the signature, the new signature must be attested by your bank manager with his name and designation.

2. What are the documents required to be submitted along with the Share Transfer Form?

Both the Transferor and the Transferee, are advised to furnish copy of PAN card to the Company /RTA for registration of such transfer of shares.
Please note that the signature of the transferor/s must match with those recorded with the Company. In case of any change in the signature, the new signature must be attested by your bank manager with his name and designation.

3. Where should one send the shares for transfer?

Registration of Share Transfer is carried out at our RTA's Office i.e. Sharepro Services (I) Pvt Ltd, Devnandan Mega Mall, Office No.416-420, 4th Floor, Opp Sanyas Ashram, Ashram Road, Ahmedabad - 380 006. You will have to lodge the shares, either by personal delivery or through post/reputed courier.

4. What is the procedure to convert single shareholding into joint shareholding and joint -shareholding into single shareholding?

To convert single shareholding into joint shareholding and joint-shareholding into single shareholding, one is required to execute a transfer deed, duly stamped and submit the same to RTA for transfer. Please note that such conversion of name amounts to change in ownership of shares and the procedure for transfer has to be followed.

5. How can t he change in order of names (i.e. transposition) be effected ?

Share certificates along with a request letter duly signed by all the joint holders may be sent to the Company's R & TA for change in order of names, known as 'transposition'. Transposition can be done only for the entire holdings under a folio and therefore, requests for transposition of part holding cannot be accepted by the Company / R& TA. For shares held in demat form, investors are advised to approach their DP concerned for transposition of the shares the Company.
6. If one has purchased shares long back but he/she forgot t o get t hem transferred in his/her favour, how these shares can be transferred now in his/her favour?

A transfer deed is valid for a period of one y ear from the presentation date indicated in the stamp affixed by the Registrar of Companies on the upper portion of the deed or the closure date of Register of Members immediately after the presentation date, whichever is later. Please check whether y our transfer deed is still valid. If so, one shall submit the transfer deed duly executed and stamped along with share certificate(s) preferably to our RTA,Sharepro Services (I) Pvt Ltd, Devnandan Mega Mall, Office No.416-420, 4th Floor, Opp Sanyas Ashram, Ashram Road, Ahmedabad - 380 006., for transfer in his favour.

If the validity period of the transfer deed has expired you will have to approach the Registrar of Companies for extending the validity of the transfer deed. Alternatively, you m ay approach the registered holder/seller whose signatures are appearing on the transfer deed as seller to execute fresh transfer deeds. Thereafter you may submit the fresh/revalidated transfer deed to the RTA for transfer.


1. In case of joint holdings, in the event of death of one shareholder, how do the surviving shareholders get the shares in their names?

The surviving shareholders will have to submit a request letter supported by an attested copy of the Death Certificate of the deceased shareholder and the relevant share certificates.

The company on receipt of the said documents w ill delete the name of deceased shareholder from its records and return the share certificates to the applicant/registered holder with necessary endorsement.

2. If a shareholder who held shares in his sole name dies without leaving a will, how can his legal heir/s (Either husband/wife/son/daughter, etc.) get the shares transmitted in their names?

The legal heirs should obtain a Succession Certificate or Letter of Administration with respect to the shares and a true copy of the same, duly attested by the Court Officer, or Notary should be sent to the company along with a request letter, transmission form, and all the share certificates in original, for transmission in their favour.

3. If the deceased family member who held shares in his/her own name (single) had left a will, how do t he legal heir/s get t he shares t ransmit t ed in t heir names?

The legal heirs w ill hav e to get the w ill probated by the High Court/District Court of competent jurisdiction and then send us a copy of the probated copy of the will, along with relevant schedule/annexure setting out the details of the shares, the relevant share certificates in original and transmission form for transmission.

4. What is t he procedure of transmission of shares in case both of t he Joint Shareholders died?

The legal heirs should obtain a Succession Certificate/Letter of Administration of the last deceased joint holder in y our favour and follow the procedure for transmission of shares.

5. The name of a joint holder was included only for convenience by t he first holder. I am t he only heir. Could you transfer t he shares in my name as per the will/probate?

As per law, the joint holder is deemed to be having indivisible ownership of the joint property and the company cannot ascertain as to how or why the name w as included. As per the Articles of Association of the company, the surviving joint holders are the only persons recognised as having title to the shares.


1. What is Demat and what are it s benefits?

Dematerialisation ('Demat' in short form) signifies conversion of a share certificate from its present physical form to electronic form for the same number of holding.

It is a direct application of scope provided by the tremendous progress made in the area of Information Technology whereby voluminous and cumbersome paper work involved in the scrip based system is eliminated.

It offers scope for paperless trading through state-of-the-art technology, w hereby share transactions and transfers are processed electronically without involving any share certificate or transfer deed after the share certificates have been converted from physical form to electronic form.

Dem at attempts to avoid the time consuming and complex process of getting shares transferred in the name of buyers as well its inherent problems of bad deliveries, delay in processing/fraudulent interception in postal transit, etc.

Dematerialisation of shares is optional and an investor can still hold shares in physical form. However, as per the directions of SEBI, he/she has to demat the shares if he/she wishes to sell the same through the Stock Exchanges.

Similarly, if an investor purchases shares, he/she will get delivery of the shares in demat form.

The Depositories Act, 1996 has been enacted to regulate the matters related and incidental to the operation of Depositories and demat operations. Two Depositories are in operation - National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) and Central Depository Services Limited (CDSL).

Benefit s of Demat:

_ Elimination of bad deliveries
_ Elimination of all risks associated with physical certificates
_ No stamp duty on transfers
_ Immediate transfer / trading of securities
_ Faster settlement cycle
_ Faster disbursement of non cash corporate benefits like rights, bonus, etc.
_ Low er brokerage is charged by m any brokers for trading in dematerialised securities
_ Periodic status reports and information available on internet
_ Ease related to change of address of investor
_ Elimination of problem s related to transmission of demat shares
_ Ease in portfolio monitoring
_ Ease in pledging the shares

2. What is the procedure of dematerialization of t he physical shares?

First of all one has to approach a DP and fill up an account opening form and follow the Account opening procedure. After opening of Account the person will get a unique Client ID number. Thereafter a Dematerialisation Request Form (DRF) should be filled up and submit with physical share certificates to the DP. Such DRF can be obtained from the DP. After dematerialization of these, such shares shall be credited into Dem at Account and the DP will hold the shares in the dematerialised form on behalf of the shareholder as Trustee and the shareholder will become beneficial owner of these dematerialised shares.

3. Once the shares are dematted, can one ever get them converted into physical shares?

If a shareholder is holding shares in electronic form, he still has the option to convert his holding in physical form by submitting a Rematerialisation Request Form (RRF) through your DP in the same manner as Dematerialisation. Such process is called Rematerialisation of shares. Upon receipt of such request from the DP, the company will issue share certificates for the number of shares so rematerialised.

4. I have purchased some shares in paper form. Can I directly give the share certificates to my Depository Participant for dematting them in my favour?

No. Prior to dematting your shares, they have to be registered in your favour. Hence, you have to necessarily lodge the share certificates for transfer in your name, thereafter, you m ay pursue demat formalities separately.

5. Can I pledge my shares in demat form for the purpose of availing any funding/loan arrangement with my bankers?

Yes. You w ill have to contact your DP or the lending bank for this.


1. How do I make a nomination with regard to my shareholding?

You have to submit a nomination form duly filled in duplicate and signed to our RTA. If you are holding shares along with other holders then all the holders will have to sign the nomination form. For making a nomination with respect to dematted shares, you will have to approach your DP. In the account opening form provided by the Depository Participants there is a provision for providing the name of the nominee.

You should contact to y our Depository Participant for further details.

The nomination can be made only by individual(s) holding shares singly or jointly. If the shares are held jointly, all the joint holders will sign the nomination form. Non-individuals including a society, trust, body corporate, partnership firm, karta of Hindu Undivided Family and holder of Power of Attorney cannot nominate. Nomination form can be downloaded from our website.

2. Do I have to send my share certificates along with the nomination form?


3. How can a nomination once made be changed?

Yes, nomination once made can be changed. In the absence of any specific guidelines, nomination once made can be revoked by a shareholder by giving a fresh nomination in nomination form and revoking the old nomination.

4. What is the Benefit of nomination?

Upon the death of a shareholder, the Nominee, to the exclusion of any other legal heir/beneficiary, is the only person in whom the shares vest. In other words, in case of a valid nomination, the company will not entertain any claim from legal heirs or beneficiaries and the shares will be transmitted only in favour of the Nominee joint holders. Therefore if one of the joint shareholders dies, the shares will devolve on the surviving shareholders to the exclusion of the Nominee. In this case the surviving shareholders may make a fresh nomination if they so desire by revoking the existing nomination.

5. What is t he effect of nomination upon transfer of shares?

Upon transfer of shares, nomination stands revoked.

6. What is t he procedure for t he nominee t o get t he shares registered in his name?

Upon death of a shareholder, the nominee is entitled to have the shares transmitted in his favour. He/She will have to give a notice in writing to this effect along with the share certificate(s) of the deceased shareholders. Alternatively, the nominee can transfer the shares held by the deceased shareholder, to a third party .

If a nominee opts for registration of shares in his name, he is required to produce proof of identity, e.g., copy of passport, driving license, voter's identity card or such other proof to the satisfaction of the company. The nominee should also submit his specimen signature duly attested along with a request for transfer.

Upon scrutiny of the documents submitted by the nominee, shares will be transmitted in his favour and share certificates returned to him duly endorsed.

7. Does a valid nomination overrides will/any ot her testamentary instrument ?

Yes, a valid nomination overrides will/any other testamentary instrument


1. If t here is a change in my address what is the procedure t o get it recorded with the company?

A request letter giving the details of new address and pin code together with all required documents should be sent to our RTA. The letter should be signed by the sole shareholder and in case of joint shareholding by all the shareholders.

Request letter for change in address can be downloaded from our website.

2. Can there be multiple addresses for a single folio?

No. There can be only one address for one folio.

3. If t he shares are dematted, what is the procedure for change of address?

Since the Depository Participant (DP) maintains the records of all the shares in electronic form, therefore any information pertaining to the change in address needs to be furnished to the respective DP. The said DP w ill then pass on this information to the Company as and w hen required for any communication.


1. If t here is a change in my signature what is t he procedure t o get it recorded with the company?

For making change in signature the shareholder is required to provide the Request letter for change in address with necessary documents required for proof of identification and proof of address to our Registrar and Transfer Agent (RTA).

2. If the shares are dematted, what is the procedure for change of signature?

In case shares are held in dematerialized form, you need to submit y our request for change of signature to your depository participant, along with the necessary documents as may be required by your depository participant. Please check with your DP for further details.

3. If the shares are dematted, what is the procedure for change of address?

Since the Depository Participant (DP) maintains the records of all the shares in electronic form , therefore any information pertaining to the change in address needs to be furnished to the respective DP. The said DP w ill then pass on this information to the Company as and when required for any communication.


1. In case of non-receipt of dividend, what action do I take?

You may please write to the RTA furnishing the particulars of the dividend not received and also quoting your folio number/client ID particulars (in case of dematted shares). We w ill check our records and issue duplicate dividend w arrant if the dividend remains unpaid in the records of the company.

2. Can I claim t he old dividends relating to past years that have not been received by me?

As per the present law, the company is retaining all unpaid/unclaimed dividends for the past seven years. If you have not received any of these dividends, you may please write to the RTA with relevant particulars like folio number, concerned dividend, etc., and we shall arrange to pay the dividend if it remains unpaid in our records.

3. Can I authorise my bank or any other person to receive dividends on my behalf?

Yes. You w ill have to write to us furnishing the name and address of the authorised person/bank and your folio number and we shall record your instructions accordingly and dispatch the warrant to the mandatee. Please note that this procedure is applicable only if y ou are holding shares in physical form.


1. I have lost /misplaced my share certificates. What are the steps that I should take to obtain duplicate share certificates?

In this connection, please execute and submit the following documents to enable us to issue duplicate shares certificate(s).

--Certified copy of FIR regarding lost/misplace shares and the same should be in English version only duly mentioned shares details.

--Affidavit & Indemnity bond on a Non Judicial Stamp Paper for Rs.50/- & Rs.100/- respectively and should be notarised and signed by all shareholders. (You can download the same from the "Downloads" section under the "Corporate Corner" Tab on our website.

--Advertise the lost shares in any leading new s paper furnishing the details of lost shares and send us the original copy of the same.

Kindly forward us the required documents duly attested by First Class Magistrate or Notary Public. On receipt, we will arrange for issuance of duplicate Share Certicate(s).

Unless the above referred compliance is made, company cannot take any action including noting of provisional stop transfer. Therefore it is in your interest to kindly forward the required documents immediately so that we can do the needful.

Upon receipt of all the above documents w e shall proceed to issue duplicate share certificates to you.

2. What action should I take if I retrieve the original share certificate, which I had reported to be lost to the company?

Please surrender the original share certificate to the RTA immediately if the duplicate share certificates have been issued. However, if the original share certificates are found before you comply with the procedure for obtaining duplicate share certificate, please inform to our RTA immediately so that w e can take immediate suitable action.

© Copyright 2010 GSEC Limited, All Right Reserved. Designed & Developed by Fortius Tech Solutions